Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Moving on .....western migration


P and I decided to sell our beautiful home and downsize a bit, too. We brainstormed exactly where we wanted to live, buying or renting, the directions both of our careers, friends and family. Madison, WI of course was suggested and surprisingly, P mentioned California. P would like to go back to college or at least try a different career path than working for Menards. Curious, I checked out craigslist for job openings for myself, anything for yoga or dance instructors, thai yoga massage or education. I came across a spa looking for exactly that-yoga and dance teachers. After less than 15 minutes of speaking with the spa owner, she offered me a job over the phone. I was so shocked and even now I can't believe we are moving to the central coast (Arroyo Grande area) of California.

I have been packing everyday and will continue until we drive down to cali for christmas with P's family. I will be staying, but P will return to Minnesota to work until the house sells. I am ready for a change even though I love my jobs (Birdwing, DC Community Ed., Hutch Dance Center, New Beginnings, LTMC). Tha hardest part of this move has been telling our friends, family and employers. I am so grateful for the experiences I have had here and the friendships I have made. Lucky, P will have help in whenever the final move happens and friends to keep him company while we're apart.

No comments: