Monday, April 30, 2007

Coming home...


Powwow season as begun. I have started dancing again and working on a new wool cloth outfit. I never realized how much I missed dancing, beading and socializing with others. My partner P, my nephew and I have been traveling the powwow trail this spring and will continue into the summer/fall. I have decided that I need to dance as much as I need to work at my jobs.
Tomorrow I will be traveling back to the Mad city, visiting old friends and receiving teachings from the Dali Lama. Going back to Madison will be an indifferent experience. I have mixed feelings about who and what I may encounter. Why? Time changes everything. I am a different person then I was. I have perceptions/memories about people and places in my past that I will most likely have to face. I have tried to detach from my expectations, desire and ultimately my fears. Luckily, I have a couple of chances to figure my feeling out.
Later this month, I will be teaching at the RCG-I Women's Conference. I am interested to see how the sisterhood has changed and grown since I was an active member.
Namaste,
Alysha

No comments: