Monday, April 30, 2007

Being reborn into a new year

The electric company last fall chopped off the tops of two maple tree in my front yard. My heart fell with sadness knowing that the twin maples would surely die without there crowns. In the magic of the spring rains the maples have blossomed with leaves and have found new crowns to grow higher this year with. Other plants that I though were dead or eaten by animals have come back as well. The determination for survival of these plants and trees have given me new hope and inspiration. Each maple tree transformed themselves, and I have another year to nurture two trees and countless plants like my own children. I am transforming away from my past and into living in the present each day librated from my own suffering. What a beautiful reminder...of the human condition.
My partner, P, is home with the weekly food supply. He did good our special morning breakfast will be wonderful I am sure. ;>

No comments: