Thursday, July 20, 2006

the butterfly


Last week as I was driving to work and running a bit late, a butterfly and my car collided. The monarch stay on my windshield until slowly pulled into Birdwing Spa. I was reminded of Wayne Dryer's butterfly experience, yet I somewhat felt this butterfly was seriously hurt looking at its body as I freed it from my car. On the hood, the butterfly tried to stand up, to hold on to something and failed until I put my hand down. The little thing grasped my fingers and stood there a moment. I walked slowly with her until a great wind sailed her to the ground. Where I said goodbye, I wished her well. After a full day of work, I saw her gliding around. I was happy to see her free and I was grateful to have met such a creature.
I have been very mindful since then of the animals that across the streets and be sure to give myself and the animals plenty of time to get where we are going.

Namaste,

Alysha

No comments: