Monday, July 24, 2006

Kevin Smith explores dharma in Clerks II

Clerks II - July 21
Being a HUGE fan of Kevin Smith movie's (yeah, I even liked Jeresy Girl), I saw Clerks II yesterday. I made sure to watch the liberary of Smith movies in order to catch all the inside jokes, which I highly recommand anyone to do if going to see this movie. (Although this movie is funny enough without the inside jokes) The movie tackles the questions each late twenty-some and early thirtysome wonders: What is my purpose in life? Why am I here? Who am I?


Society and high school reunions cause the generation who grew up with the original Clerks to ponder these questions more seriously. What Smith does that other mid-life crisis movies have failed is that Dante and the gang realize their content and happiness with the lifestyle they truly enjoy instead of fold to the societal ideal of success. Of course, the movie includes a new batch of kinky sex talk, some trolls and cameos from the past like Ben. Check it out!


I am looking forward to its DVD release for the outtakes and extra footage.

Namaste,

Alysha

No comments: