Monday, May 21, 2007

Calling me into the circle,calling me home



I am back from the Priestess Gathering in Wisconsin with all of my sisters. From my last visit to Madison, I felt ready to face the unknown of this trip. I am not talking just about the drive to the retreat, but facing a community of woman after years of change with no expectations or fears of what may become.

The retreat center had a new dorm building that was big, new and beautiful for trance dancing, goddess marketplace and different sleeping arrangements. The first person I saw was M running registration and then L, her partner. I was happy to see a familiar face and M welcomed me back with a hug. Her girlfriend then recognized me later as I was signing up for my work shift. I was amazed at the heartfelt welcome I receive from so many of the faces I remembered. the woman I was closest to as friends were off on their own path and spiraling away. Here I was the first to leave Madison, the sisterhood that support me through everything and now the first to return "home".

The entire weekend went very well. I volunteered my bodywork skills for donations that would go directly to the Motherhouse. I wanted to give back to the community that had supported me through my divorce and so much self-discovery. Each woman I worked on was so grateful and giving of their abundance. I did offer my service to J, but realize as I was uttering the words that she was holding the energetic space for the weekend. So maybe another time.

My classes, yoga and bellydancing, were a hit with the woman I am thinking about what to offer for the Hallows Gathering in Oct. already. I met so many new woman, new friends. The energy has shifted. As I was witnessing the three cella woman being ordinated, I realized that one of those woman could have been me or still could be.... I know I am priestessing in the work I do everyday. Then M and L cornered me as I was packing my yoga stuff and handing over the last of the donation money, about joining a WTI Cella circle again. At the closing ritual, RM said I few words about sisterhood that touched my spirit. So I spoke a few words with J and now I am joining Cella program again. I can hardly wait until Friday, so I can speak to her in person and get caught up on everything.

Namaste & Goddess Bless

Alysha

No comments: