Monday, May 21, 2007

The veiled dancer

There was a time when big dramatic ritual was my thing, my calling. I loved designing rituals with layers upon layers of sparkle, glitter and foo-foo-ness. Since I left the core goddess women community in Madison, my ritual has become my yoga practice on the mat. I engage with my divine soul each morning in my daily practice.
There was a time when I wore the veils and embodied the goddess, Bride or Brigit. I spoke of sacrifice and heartache of hiding from the patriarchy.Through my relationship with Brigit, I found my true hearts desire, the mysteries of love and healing. I, to this day, veil myself in her honor and in honor of my sacred dance with she who is. Bellydancing is an art form of my body and a prayer of my soul.

Namaste,

Alysha

No comments: