Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Awakening before it was cool or before Oprah.....

A few years ago, I witnessed my yoga teacher reading the Eckhart Tolle book, The Power of Now. I picked this book up at the bookstore and read it cover to cover while subbing in English classes over the course of a week. The openness and direct favor of Tolle's voice was inspiring and enlightening. When I heard he was to release his latest creation, A New Earth, I put it on my "To Read" list, and lucky for me so did Oprah.

I had forgotten this new tome of illuminating work on the ego until I saw the flashy Oprah special on Tolle and his awakening experience. I pick up the book and have been reading along with O fans, doing the workbook questions on Oprah.com and chatting with friends about the book. Who knew Oprah was secretly a teacher and avert student of yogi principles? Hmmm...does she do yoga? Well, anyway I am grateful the big O is supporting a community of people into their awakening. The whole experience the classes, workbook and chatting sessions have opened communication about one's life purpose or present moment and even better humanity as a whole.

No comments: