Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Surrendering to your higher power

One of my good friends came back to her car only to find it broken into....at our soccer game. Living without attachments within the eight limbs have been personal struggle for me. Watching my friend detach from her cds, massage oils and her laptop, was hard for me to hear. I've been there....when my last car died in Utah and my Saturn wouldn't start a block away from my house. Car have an odd attachment with me, so does jewelry when I misplace something or it finds a new home with someone else. Attachments can cause so much suffering if we buy into the illusion. I buy into it less and less each time something or someone goes in or out of my life. That doesn't mean that the person or object wasn't meaningful in the moment, but the moment is gone to the next chapter if you will.
What or who are you attached to? Make a list. What would you do if they or those objects or feelings died or were taken from you? Do you trust that your are provided all you need within? That the higher power provides you with the strength within to overcome any obstacles.....

No comments: