Friday, March 14, 2008

the viruses are coming.....

I have never in my experience as a web designer heard of viruses on a website moving for one to another via a simple link on a page. Have you? I am serious. I want to know the truth here. When I was denied a link from my bio on Yoga Village to my own business website, Indigo Moon Yoga, I was shocked due to the reason-possible computer virus. I don't know if I believe it, but C sure does. After chatting with two website security consultants they clear up the issue that was rattleing in my head.
Could my website be infected? how? why?
Well, the truth is yes. The latest fad in computer hacking world is finding the weakest websites via the search engine google and putting a virus of the seemingly protected website, so hackers can get your personal info and sell it to crinmals, who will bleed your bank account or send spam emails, for example. Nowadays, computers exactly do the dirty work and of course a computer program to search out weak sites doesn't care if your website gets two web hits a week or two million. The computer hacking will serve you a virus just the same. So caution....the viruses are googling...

No comments: